The pocketCloudWatcher, the best portable solution to detect clouds, measure temperature, brightness, relative humidity and dew point. Controlled and monitored from your smartphone.
(1) New APP version! (2019/April) - 2.1 (available to everybody, including existing users - just an app update away).
✓ Much more powerful alarms: for safe, unsafe, with snooze, ignore period...
✓ Configurable screen saver.
(2) With PC version available:
Take the new pocket CloudWatcher with you to your favourite dark place, and sleep relaxed while it monitors the sky and ambient conditions, waking you up in case of trouble.
✘Not to be permanently installed outside.
✘Not rain resistant.
• Portable detector including:
• Relative humidity sensor
• Ambient temperature sensor
• Brightness sensor
• IR sensor - clouds
• Watchdog function
• PC version available
• Rechargeable battery 3.7V 450mAh (more than 24h of operation at above zero temperatures)
• External 12V power supply with standard jack (5.5-2.1mm, centre positive)
• Data shared via Bluetooth (TM) Low Energy (available for Android 4.3 (*) and iPhone 6, or better)
• Measures: 71x71x27mm.
• Weight: <85gr.
(*) Bluetooth (tm) Low Energy available for Android 4.3 and iPhone 6, or better.
Smartphone apps and permissions
Lunatico's smartphone apps (GNS, GNSFree, and the new Dragonfly and the pocket CloudWatcher, and any future ones) do not require nor use any sensitive data or permission. None at all.
Bluetooth apps request location information - this is an android requirement since bluetooth 4.0. We don't want that location information, won't use it, but cannot avoid the system asking for it. And it has to be granted to have bluetooth connectivity.
Not only that, but:
• the apps will only use your Smartphone storage to save its own settings
• they won't access your calls, contacts, identity... nothing at all
• the only data they'll know about you is what you configure in the settings
• ... and even that won't be shared with anyone. Ever.