Important notice for Windows users!
ASCOM: if not already installed, please download and install the ASCOM platform for the Seletek software to work, even if you plan to use it stand-alone. It's free and it's great.
Last update: March 25, 2019
Quick links to current packages:
Software V4.7Valid for all controllers and Windows versions
NEW!! INDI driver
Drivers, needed only for new installations with USB connection:
Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
Windows 8 & 10, 32 & 64 bits
Any Windows version
Quick links to current firmware
Seletek's version history
- Fixed the temperature readings while the motor is moving.
Software 4.7.9 / Firmware 5.0.1:
Network connection improvements:
- DHCP support (automatic network address)
- NETBIOS name (that is, network name - you can connect with "Platypus" by name)
- Small web server (http://platypus) - with support for sending commands (check http://lunatico.es/seletek/SeletekDevelopersGuide.pdf )
- Some other internal improvements
- Only "Main" program changed, to install software, please use this link: http://lunatico.es/seletek/current/Seletek.exe and replace your current one. For the Firmware, use the quick link below
- Improved installer, now with option to select which programs should be installed
- COM port can be selected / forced to address the problem of some 64Bit windows not being able to connect unless run as administrator.
- PinByPin quite improved, can work with absolute temperatures now and also display correct pin numbers for the "2" generation of controllers.
- Some other internal fixes and improvements.
Software 4.5.1 (Jan 14, 2014):
Just 2 changes:
- New installer, fixes all issues with TheSkyX and other programs in Windows 7/8
- Main program will now exit regardless if any satellite program is still active, to avoid the situation where "a program is preventing Windows from closing..."
Software 4.5 / Firmware 3.3 released for all controllers (Dec 23, 2013):
Improvements in 3 main areas:
- Acceleration of motor, speeds specified in microseconds
- Backlash support
- Definition of "forbidden zone" to impede rotation to certain angles for complex setups
- Minor interface changes
- Speed specified in microseconds
- Min temperature delta to apply correction specified in steps
- Support for analog sensors (such as the Sharp distance sensor)
- Much easier script programming
- Option to request confirmation on relay change
Important: the software needs the latest (3.3) firmware to run
4.0 software news (12/March/2012):
Support for our new Platypus controllers and some improvements for Armadillo users.
- Three simultaneous devices (platypus only)
- Firefly control for observatory automation (all controllers)
- Watchdog capabilities (for instance, resets the PC if it's frozen...) (all controllers)
- Rotator(s) default settings for VSI's Motorized Zerotator (all controllers)
- TCP/IP (Internet) communications (platypus only)
The software will work with older firmwares (2.2), but for the new advanced options a firmware upgrade will be needed
3.5 software news (many!):
- Added sensor monitor from main program
- Added the ability to define commands to run on startup (please check the user's manual currently being updated and the included "initcmds.ini" sample file included)
- Focuser now supports "Set position" (no motion), "Goto profile points" (named points), and backlash (needs firmware 2.2 to work)
- Smaller configuration window (focuser) for users with netbooks
- PinByPin does not cut off power when at the configuration window
- FilterWheel now includes a full stepper configuration
- Limit switches now possible to configure thanks to the init commands
3.1 software news:
- Added "slow pwm" support to PinByPin (thanks David!)
- Camera rotator now fully mature
- Added "reverse button meaning" for Focuser (so In means Out etc... for "reversed" focusers...)
- Fixed some communication problems (dropouts) and minor interface details (decimal point at some places...)
- ... and finished a few minor details (full multilanguage support, window mode on open...)
- a big thanks to all who helped ruling out every problem in the 3.0 R.C.
3.0 Initial release
- Too many changes to list here, there's a full page for this new version and also a step by step migration guide.
- Migration tool: download
- New software: download (06/Aug/2010)
- Same software, now with Rotator support (beta): download (08/Aug/2010)
- New firmware 2.1: for the Armadillo controller and for the original Seletek controller (01/Dec/10)
- Just in case (not needed as it is included in the migration tool): bootloader firmware, for the Armadillo and for the original Seletek.
- And finally, latest drivers release (ver. 2.1, last update 11/Aug/2010 - repackaged and minor bug fixing for the Armadillo) Will work with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 32 and 64 bit versions. Windows 2000 driver will be available upon request.
- Older versions (pre 3.0) archive:
- Windows VISTA and Windows 7 users: the first time you run any ASCOM-aware utility program (such as Focuser, FocuserEXP, FilterWheel, FilterWheelEXP) you must execute it with explicit administrator rights: right click over the program icon, select "Run as administrator".
- Drivers: whatever your software version, please download the drivers above (11/Aug/2010) unless running Windows 2000 (those drivers will be made available upon request)
v. 2.5.1 - 21/Oct/09 - New version - Download
- Uninstall any previous version before installing this one
- New hardware and sensor support for Fan Control
- Small cosmetic fixes and translation improvements
v. 2.5.0 - 06/Oct/09 - Download
- Uninstall any previous version before installing this one
- General support for new firmware 1.5 and new controller Armadillo
- Many new options in temperature compensation
- Robofocus / Moonlite motor support with no special cables (fw 1.5)
- New temperature sensor support (LM61)
- Simpler and better focuser calibration method
- Ability to "Goto" to any temperature profile point
- Steps per In / Out (focusing) user specifiable
- General internal improvement
- User's manual - oct/09 - updated to version 2.5.0 - Download
- System chart - jan/09 - updated to version 2.5.0 - Download
v. 1.9.0 - 18/march/09 - Minor improvements - Download
- Several small bugs fixed and general reconnection improvements.
v. 1.8.0 - 10/dic/08 - Fan control just released - Download
- Now you can power your scope's cooling fan(s) depending on the mirror and ambient temperature
v. 1.6.0 - 20/nov/08 - advanced parameters added - Download
- Support for bipolar motors
- Control the speed, power, etc of attached motors
v. 1.5.0 - 10/nov/08 - two focusers two filter wheels - Download
- Different devices at the same time
- GOTO and Invert Motion added for focusers
- General debug and cleanup - also a bit more nice.
v. 1.4.9 (previously 2.0.0) - 29/Aug/08 - two focus motors at same time. BETA - Download ZIP file
v. 1.3.2 - 09/sept/08 - fix release for a bug with temperature profiles. Download EXE
- Thanks to Miguel Muro for discovering the problem
v. 1.3.1 - 01/jul/08 - temperature corrections Only EXE download
- It will only apply temperature corrections after 1 hour has passed since last correction, and only when the variation has been greater than 1ºC.
- Requested by Javier Gomez Laina
v. 1.3.0a - 13/jun/08 - beta-2 - First english version Full installer download
- Includes all current improvements
- Each profile keeps its current position, so a Seletek can be shared among several scopes keeping the position saved for each one (as requested by Pere Gil)
- Motion control buttons answer improved; and it will be even better in next version
- Async reconnection (if the Seletek controller is disconnected just plugging it again will restore everything)
- Firmware update supported